Tangerang – Honda participates in GAIKINDO Indonesia International Auto Show (GIIAS) 2016, held in Indonesia Convention Exhibition, Tangerang, West Java, August 11 – 21, 2016. At this major automotive event, Honda uses the theme “Advanced New World” which implemented in its booth design and car displays.
- Noriaki Abe, Operating Officer - Chief Operating Officer, Regional Operations (Asia and Oceania) of Honda Motor Co., Ltd. and President & CEO of Asian Honda Motor Co., Ltd.
- Tomoki Uchida, President Director PT Honda Prospect Motor
- Kusnadi Budiman, President Commissioner PT Honda Prospect Motor
- Henry Agus, Commissioner PT Honda Prospect Motor
- Benawati Abas, Senior Vice President PT Honda Prospect Motor
- Agus Budiman, Vice President PT Honda Prospect Motor
- Jonfis Fandy, Marketing & Aftersales Director PT Honda Prospect Motor
In his opening speech, Mr. Abe addressed the importance of Indonesia for Honda business. “The importance of this country for Honda’s automobile business has been increasing year by year. After achieving its highest sales record in 2015, Honda’s sales in the first seven months this year continue to be very encouraging up 32% over the same period in 2015.” Mr. Abe added. “We are very thankful to our Indonesian customers for their support. Honda will remain committed to this very important market.”
With sales of almost 120,000 units by the end of July 2016, currently Indonesia ranked as Honda’s 4th largest automobile sales contributor only after U.S., China and Japan. Moreover, Indonesia records the highest automobile market share for Honda globally with 20% in the first seven months in 2016.
Mr. Uchida explained Honda theme this year, “We believe a vehicle should not be a mere transportation device, but it has to keep offering great excitement with more advanced and powerful, yet more efficient and environmentally-friendly technologies. . Honda always introduces its advanced technologies, aiming that customers will enter into a “new world” with joys and excitement such Honda’s technologies provide. The booth design and the displayed models convey Honda’s committement to continuing such efforts for generations to come.”
Honda Booth is located in Hall 10 A with total area of 2,635 sqm. The booth implements an advanced and aerodynamic design, representing the “Advanced New World” theme and characters of Honda cars.
In total, Honda displays 35 cars, including all Honda current line-up in Indonesia and a number of special models. This year, Honda presents Honda Civic Hatchback Prototype for the first time in Asia and Oceania region as one of its main displays. Other special displays include new grade of All New Honda Civic Prestige Turbo and Honda HR-V Mugen. In line with the environmental theme, Honda also displays Honda Clarity Fuel Cell, the first 5-seater fuel cell sedan with hydrogen fuel – for the first time in Asia and Ocenia region as well.
Beside these three models, Honda also launches severalspecial editions in this auto show, including Honda Brio RS Special Editon, Honda Jazz RS Special Edition, Honda HR-V 1.5 Modulo Special Edition, and Honda Mobilio Prestige Special Edition.
Alongside these special displays and new launches, Honda also shows all its current line-up, which consist of Honda Brio Satya, Honda Brio, Honda Mobilio, Honda Jazz, Honda Freed, Honda HR-V, Honda CR-V, Honda City, Honda Civic, Honda Accord, Honda CR-Z and Honda Odyssey.
Moreover, Honda also displays some models modified with genuine accessories from Modulo to enhance the aura of elegance. These accesories-modified displays consist of Honda Accord, Honda BR-V and Honda Odyssey.
Honda also displays a Civic 1,5 VTEC TURBO Cutting Engine, where customers can have closer look and get better understanding about the powerful yet efficient engine implemented in the All New Civic.
To add benefits for customers, Honda prepares special sales programs for this auto show, including low first payment package, zero percent interest, cash back, long term payment, and many bonuses for purchases at Honda booth. Honda is targeting 5,500 units of sales at 2016 GIIAS.
Honda Display Cars at GIIAS 2016
- Honda Civic Hatchback Prototype <Asia and Oceania’s First Appearance>
- Clarity Fuel Cell <Asia and Oceania’s First Appearance>
- All New Honda Civic Prestige Turbo <New Launching>
- Honda HR-V 1.5L E CVT Mugen with Premium Entertainment System <New Launching>
- Honda HR-V 1.8L Prestige-Mugen with Premium Entertainment System <New Launching>
- Honda Brio RS Special Edition <New Launching>
- Honda Jazz RS Special Edition <New Launching>
- Honda Mobilio Prestige Special Edition <New Launching>
- Honda HR-V 1.5L Special Edition<New Launching>
- Honda Accord VTI-L with Modulo Accesories
- Honda Odyssey Prestige with Mugen Accesories
- Honda BR-V E CVT with Modulo Accesories
- Honda Accord VTI-L
- Honda CR-Z
- All New Honda Civic ES Turbo
- Honda City E CVT
- Honda Jazz RS CVT
- Honda Jazz RS MT
- Honda Brio Satya RS CVT
- Honda Brio Satya E CVT
- Honda Brio Satya E MT
- Honda Mobilio RS CVT
- Honda Mobilio E MT
- Honda CR-V 2.4L Prestige
- Honda CR-V 2.0L
- Honda HR-V 1.5L E CVT
- Honda HR-V 1.8L Prestige
- Honda BR-V Prestige
- Honda BR-V E CVT
- Honda BR-V S MT