Mr. Pitak Pruittisarikorn, Chief Operating Officer of Honda Automobile (Thailand) Co., Ltd., revealed, “At present, customers are increasingly interested in SUVs. Honda has been coping with SUV demands in the upper segment with Honda CR-V, and in 2014, we launched Honda HR-V to capture the demands in mid-range segment of this market with excellent feedback. To continue on the success of these two SUVs and fully respond to the demands of all customer segments, especially the largest group of customers in sub-compact category, we are introducing the new Honda BR-V as the new addition that will redefine values in this class of SUV. It will also complement Honda’s SUV lineup for complete coverage of the SUV market.”
Honda BR-V comes with a tough, sturdy exterior design and features a high ground clearance in SUV style. It looks striking with projector headlights with LED Position Lamps and LED tail lights in C-character design. Moreover, sporty roof rails are standard equipment in all variant.
- SV model has seven seats in three rows. The backrest of the second row can be adjusted in two reclining positions. It can be moved forward and backward for easy entrance and exit of third-row passengers. The third row offers a generous legroom and comes as a 50:50 split folding type that can be folded down in two forward motions to increase cargo space at the rear. Rear air-conditioner is also provided to expand air flow to all areas. SV model is priced at 820,000 baht.
- V model features five seats in two rows. It addresses multi-function with large trunk space. The second row comes as a 60:40 split folding type with one-motion fold-down function. It also has a cargo floor board and utility box under the second row seats. V model is priced at 750,000 baht.
The new BR-V is fully equipped with premium function features including indicators that illuminate in white light, a Multi-Information Display (MID) screen showing fuel efficiency information and premium technologies with easy operation at the touch of a button, such as One Push Ignition System and Honda Smart Key System for convenient entry and exit, automatic air-conditioning system, a 6.1-inch touchscreen display that supports both the iOS and Android devices, easy audiovisual connection via HDMI, USB and AUX sockets, and Bluetooth telephone connectivity to fill up all journeys with happiness.
To ensure the performance that will brave all challenging roads, the new Honda BR-V is powered by a 1.5-liter SOHC, 4-cylinder, 16-valve i-VTEC engine that provides 117 horsepower plus a new CVT developed under Honda’s Earth Dreams Technology to enhance fuel economy. The engine is compatible with E85 fuel. A full range of safety systems comes as standard, including Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) with Electronic Brake Distribution (EBD), Vehicle Stability Assist (VSA), Hill Start Assist (HSA), Dual Front SRS Airbags and Rearview Camera to ensure safe driving in every journey.
The all-new Honda BR-V is available in five colors which are White Orchid Pearl, Modern Steel Metallic, Crystal Black Pearl and two new colours, which are Premium Amber Metallic and Lunar Silver Metallic.
Mr. Sompop Patipanthada, Marketing General Manager of Honda Automobile (Thailand) Co., Ltd., added, “Honda BR-V is an active sport crossover vehicle that will answer to all needs of customers with its uniqueness in all dimensions; Bold Design - tough and sturdy exterior, Stylish Interior - a class-leading spacious and comfortable cabin, Drivability – outstanding driving performance ready-to-go-everywhere, and Smart Utility – perfect response to multi-function utility. The new BR-V is ready to take you out to find new challenges and inspirations in your path of life, which is a background of our marketing communication concept of “How BRAVE are we? This is told through a TV commercial and music video with Thai song “Keb Tawan” (Keep the Sun) as the soundtrack that clearly sends across an inspiring message, urging people to push back all the limits and go for their goal. The new Honda BR-V is expected to generate sales of 15,000 units in one year.”
In a continued series of pre-launch activities, Honda BR-V made its first preview at the Motor Expo late last year, followed by a “BR-V Brave Journey”. The two activities gained favorable feedback from the prospects both in Bangkok and upcountry. The company has therefore put together a collection of photos from the journey to 36 provinces nationwide and presented them as a guide book to introduce tourism attractions visited by Honda BR-V throughout the journey and to show why BR-V is ready to take you out to all your lifestyle challenges perfectly.
Interested public are welcomed to attend BR-V Brave Discovery, which will be held nationwide as per following schedule.
- Bangkok and the perimeter
- January 28 – February 3, 2016
2. Central Festival EastVille
3. Central Plaza WestGate
4. Central Plaza Bangna
- January 28 – February 2, 2016
- February 11 – 17, 2016
2. Central Plaza Udonthani
3. Central Plaza Chonburi
4. Central Festival Hatyai
- February 10 – 16, 2016
For more details, please visit any Honda showrooms nationwide or www.honda.co.th/brv.
Media can search or download more details at http://media.honda.co.th/
- Features vary according to variants.
- Premium Amber (Metallic) is exclusively available for SV variant.
- White Orchid (Pearl) cost an addition of 6,000 baht and Crystal Black (Pearl) cost an addition of 10,000 baht.